Maintaining the heating and cooling systems of your home isn’t a choice. You have to ensure that everything is working as expected, or else, even a small furnace problem can have serious consequences and effects on the indoor air & environment. If you are trying to compare furnace repair services for generic repairs, replacement of filters or new installations, we have a few tips below that may come handy.
- Start with expertise. Typically, furnace repair companies do much more than just repairing furnaces. They are well versed with the requirements and repairs of boilers, air conditioners, tank-less water heaters and heating systems, and can also handle other tasks like duct cleaning. The more a company can do and manage for your heating & cooling systems, the better.
- Find the basics. Is the company licensed and insured? Repair and installation of furnaces require expertise and experience, and every company in the business needs to be licensed and registered as per the norms. Secondly, such repair tasks can involve considerable risks, which means that the company must be insured, so that any unexpected damage to your home is covered. The best companies like Laird & Son ensure that clients don’t have to deal with substandard work.
- Check the BBB rating. As a new customer, you have to check the Better Business Bureau rating for a furnace repair company. A rating of A+ is what makes a company worth your time. It is also a good idea to check for reviews online. The experience of other customers will help in knowing if the service delivers on the promises made.
- Emergency services are necessary. When you have a furnace problem, it makes no sense to wait for days before seeking help. A company that specializes in offering emergency assistance should be a preferred choice, because there’s no delay in response, and you can expect to get help, even in the middle of the night.
- Fair estimates are important. While it is never wise to hire a company because they charge the lowest for furnace repair, it is still necessary to get an estimate. Don’t believe in verbal assurances on the price, because many companies have a name for hidden charges and expenses. You need to be sure of the quote, which should be inclusive of everything.
It is also important to work with a furnace repair company that has an in-house team of experienced, trained, and insured engineers and repairmen. Furnace repair work can involve mishaps and accidents, and if the workers are not insured, you may have implied liability. Just make sure that the concerned company focuses on training and insurance of their team members. If you still have a few doubts, ask for references. A company that has been in business for more than a decade will never shy away from offering client references, and you can call up a few to know their market standing better.
Finally, make sure that you spend on yearly maintenance to avoid expensive breakdown costs and repairs.